Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 66: Grandma's Chicken Salad

I spent the begining of this weekend at my parent's house on Long Island with my parents, aunt and uncle, sister, and brother (he has a blog too and its much funnier than this one) . The whole family was home because we were commemorating the deaths of two of my grandparents. This, of course, meant a lot of food. We had some close family friends over for what my mother called "not lunch". This included challah bread, gefilte fish, egg salad, BBQ chicken wings, sliced turkey, chicken cutlets, chulent, potato kugel, pumpkin kugel, cranberry crunch, angel hair pasta, and five different salads. My favorite salad was the terra chip / vege salad so I ate a lot of that, along with lots of chulent and chicken. We also had cake and jello for dessert and even though I was stuffed, there's always room for jello. The food was delicious (good job Mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment