Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 13: Soup in a breadbasket without the breadbasket

Every morning at work, I check Circa's website to see the soups of the day. A hot soup and a warm roll can be a perfect lunch, especially since my office feels like winter. My favorite soups have not been on Circa's menu for a while, but I keep checking waiting for them to appear. Today, I went for a not favorite but still good soup, the French Onion. Circa's french onion soup does not go all out with mozzarella cheese and croutons like you might find at fancier luncheries (they might be available upon request), but I crumbled up the accompanying roll into little pieces and mixed that into the soup. Today's soup was a little spicier than normal, so I had to drink a lot of water with it, but the strong flavor was very tasty.

6 comments:

  1. all you had was soup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup with a roll (crumbled up into the soup).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca -please email me daniel@kosher-ny.com

    I'm excited to hear what's for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking for excellent lunch time french onion soup, The Vegetable Garden does it best, with croutons and cheese. It's wonderful. And not too spicy, like Circa's is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks T! I have to check if they will deliver to me; its a bit far from my office for a 1 hour lunch break.

    ReplyDelete