Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 42: Hungry? Why Wait?

I had a late start today and therefore ate a late breakfast and also a late lunch. I ordered a whole wheat penne ala vodka from Circa, which is another dish that you need to order over the phone. Why isn't the vodka sauce option on the website? It's annoying. When I went down to the lobby of my building to pick up the food, I noticed a giant plastic cube on top of the overhang in front of my office and Madison Square Garden. Inside the cube, there were people sitting and hanging out on couches. The cube had signs for Snickers bars and apparently was kicking off some Feeding American charity collaboration. But was this supposed to cause viewers like me to buy a Snickers bar? I didn't. I wonder about the effectiveness of these stunt marketing campaigns. They bother me because there seems to be no way to measure your ROI. Maybe the point was just to get media and blogger coverage, in which case, I guess it worked. The pasta was good.

Stay tuned for Thursday's Reader's Choice edition! The poll will be on the top right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment