Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 46: 'Ello Gov'na

By the time I arrived at Governor’s Island, I was already pretty hungry due to a rigorous round of Ultimate Frisbee in the park in the morning. I was delighted by the selection of snacks that were collectively brought by the other birthday celebrators who had gathered in honor of our friend Aliza. I mostly munched on honey twist pretzels, cherries, and twizzlers. Eating cherries while lying on a grassy lawn and looking at an unbelievable view of the Statue of Liberty is a pretty good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. While not the most substantial of lunches, this filled me up and I was energized for a challenging round of croquet and for other park fun. In the late afternoon, I did have another snack of cheerios and Honey Mustard and Onion pretzels before meeting some other friends and attempting to roller skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment