Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 43: Local Flavor

A last minute change in lunch plans meant a trip to Mendy’s with my coworkers, Marisa, Joyce and Clare. Therefore, the poll is still open and will decide my lunch for tomorrow instead. Joyce and I both tried the shwarma in a pita. I had them add chips into mine, in addition to Israeli salad, hummus, and tehhina. The shwarma itself was chicken, which I don’t think is usual for shwarma. It had a weird flavor which Joyce thought might be curry. It wasn’t the best shwarma I’ve ever had but it was really filling. We also ordered some latkes (potato pancakes) for the table, because, who doesn’t like a good latke in July? On our way back to the office, we saw our favorite cross dressing man with his dog in his stroller. We haven’t seen him in over a year, but he’s a favorite local character since he always dyes both his own hair and that of his dog. We couldn’t get a picture but I found an old one online. My facebook friends can also see a rendering of him on my graffiti wall.

1 comment:

  1. Real Shwarma is made with lamb, but barely any places really use lamb, most use turkey. Though at real shwarma places (like Golan) you can order whatever you want....

    ReplyDelete